Tuesday, April 19, 2011
a trip to the doctor
Well yesterday was the big doctor's appointment. Our girl weighed in at 9lb 14oz and is 23 inches long. This puts her weight in the 29th percentile (up 5 percent), her length is in the 64th percentile (down 10 percent) and her head circumference is in the 60th (up 10 percent). This confirms that her mother's concerns about her having a small head are completely unfounded and can only be explained by being raised in a family of ginourmous heads! She was quite the show off at her appointment. Her smiled at the doctor as she listened to Ruby's heart (she was naked... she LOVES being naked!) and when the doctor put her on her stomach to see how tummy time is going, she showed off by lifting her head high and probably would have rolled over for the doctor if we would have let her. The appointment would have been absolutely perfect if it weren't for the shots. As the doctor, Steve, and I discussed the vaccinations I could feel myself getting red. A common and uncontrollable reaction for me when I get emotional. Yes, I see kids and babies get shots all the time... but of course when it's your baby, it's different. She, of course, screamed, but calmed quickly afterward. When we got home, she doozed, ate, and then took a 3 hour nap. When she awoke, she was NOT a happy girl. Unconsollable is probably the word. She didn't have a fever, but she must have been hurting. We gave her some Baby Tylenol and 20 minutes later I finally got her rocked back asleep. Finally around 8, she woke up with big smiles and was back to our sweet girl. Next time we will just know to give her the Tylenol is soon as we get home! Well, on to the next adventure...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment