So recently there was a decision in our household that a wall needed to come down. We aren't talking about any metaphorical walls here. We love our old home, but it was so seperated into tiny rooms that it made it always feel crowded. Steve and I both tend to be a bit impulsive and so we decided now was the time to do it before Ruby was crawling. This week Steve's brother Erik came to Des Moines, and the two of them tore down the wall between our entry way and our living room. Thank you Erik... I am sure our house would have fallen down without you! I don't have to tell you all that with home projects come with a bit of stress. On top of that, Miss Ruby couldn't be in the house due to the dust, etc. and so off she went to Babchas (grandma Helen), as Mommy had to go to work. Two days away from Ruby was hard, although we knew she was in good hands. Then on top of that, Sunday night (before heading to Babchas on Monday night) we noticed one of her eyes was getting quite red and there were big green gobs of gunk in it. So after a quick trip to Urgent Care, Ruby was diagnosed with pink eye, followed by Mommy the following morning. We now have our baby back and the wall is gone. We love the new space! It is going to be awesome as Ruby becomes mobile and opens our home up for entertaining. You can see in the picture that there is still lots of finishing work to be done, but at least we no longer sit 7 feet away from a 52 inch screen. :) I am sending Daddy and Ruby off to Iowa City to cheer on the Hawks this weekend, so I can get the floors and staining finished without a baby in the house. Eventually, I will post more pics of the finished space, but for now a couple and a few of Ruby rockin' her new Hawkeye legwarmers! :) (if you are wondering about her face in the last pic, we asked her what she thought of the first 3 quarters last week...)






No comments:
Post a Comment