So my personal goal for the year was to learn how to use my fancy camera... we got it right before Ruby was born, and I have been a bit preoccupied. :) I know, excuses, excuses... Anyway, after a month of reading camera blogs, I started shooting in manual mode. Unfortunately, it all came clear to me just days after Ruby's birthday party (my pics from her party kinda stink... but those are for another blog). I was feeling pretty good about myself and finally figuring it out, and so I started trying to take some pictures of my favorite subject, Ruby. It didn't take long for me to realized that the lens that came with my camera was not meant for Iowa winters. The lens took great pictures outside, but Ruby and I haven't been spending a whole lot of time outdoors. It was a bit of a bummer... had I known what I was doing when I bought my camera, I may have made some better choices. I wanted to practice so badly and was feeling bad about not having many pictures of my daughter as a two year old.
My sweet husband bought me a new lens for a late Valentine's Day gift (we decided to defer Vday gifts to later in the year...it didn't take long for me to "need" something thought I truly wasn't expecting him to buy it!)
Anyway, here are a few of the pics. You will notice that many are by the kitchen door. Even though my lens lets more light in and allows me to shoot more indoors... it still does better prefers that brighter area of our home.
I know this blog isn't much about life with Ruby, but I thought you all might enjoy the shots. If anyone wants to print any of these please let me know and I will email them to you. Saving them off the blog will probably result in bad quality prints.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment