Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our little Sunshine


As Ruby approaches two, she surprises us everyday with the new things she is learning.  It is especially amusing to watch her vocabulary and memory grow.   I learned this week she knew the last word to every verse of You are My Sunshine... come to find out she knows most of the words.
Lately if say something like, "You are sassy today" or "Are you happy?" or "Ruby, you're cute!"  She responds to all of them, "No, just Ruby".
She loves to count and I hear her doing it to herself quite regularly, but no matter how many things she is counting, she doesn't stop until somewhere between 7 and 10 and she always skips 4. :)
She always gets excited when we say we are going somewhere with kids or pets and her feelings were hurt a few weeks ago when she tried to kiss a dog and it barked at her.  She is used to Ruff Bailey, we probably need to teach her about all dogs not liking be touched in the face.
Anyway, we thought we'd share a song with you all.  Let's hope I got it uploaded right this time.  ( I couldn't figure out how to rotate it and Steve's at the ISU game - so just tilt your head to the left) :)

No comments: