Okay, pretty far from the first day of school, but today was our first day of Play Group. Twice a week Ruby goes to a near by church for Play Group. The facility also has a preschool, so if we like the program we can continue going there through the next few years. Ruby goes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11:30.
It was a pretty crazy day to start, as the three of us got in on a plane at 10:45 last night, and she didn't make it to bed til close to midnight. She was a trooper though. Although she shook her head when I told her I was going, she didn't get upset at all. The first thing she went for was a set of 6 steps that leads to a small slide. You can imagine this is quite a popular item with toddlers!
When I returned 2.5 hours later, there she was still on the steps... but without her pants! O goodness, all of the other kids still had their pants on. What did she get in to?!? Apparently during snack they gave them water in cups without lids or straws. Ruby promptly dumped hers in her lap. Sounded like she wasn't the only one who had problems though and they plan on using straws and lids next time. :)
Anyway, when we went to leave, she wanted to stay and play. So I am thinking that is a good sign. Our little girl is growing up!
(More about our weekend away soon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment