So Grandpa Al tends to keep more than the average person and recently found the umbrella stroller from when Sam and I were kids and the swing from when Sam was little. We have used the stroller a bunch already...though the wheel popped off yesterday, so it may not be as sturdy as we hoped. Now the swing is pretty indistructible. The question is hanging it. Our old porch as a ton of old hooks that I am sure held plants, christmas lights, porch swings, etc. It seemed perfect to have the swing on the porch while she is so young and so I hung it from two hooks that seemed the perfect distance apart. The real question: how do you know it is safe? Well Steve grabbed an 80lb bag of cement in the garage and decided to test it with that. Lesson learned: the hooks were not strong enough to hold a 80lb baby. Second lesson learned: dont test a swing with something that can bust open and spread cement all over your flower bed! We did find a hook strong enough and Ruby loves it!!



No comments:
Post a Comment