Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Little Houdini

After bragging her up last week at work, telling people how our little peanut slept through the night pretty much every night, I knew that I was cursing myself.  Of course, this week she started waking up at 5 and then 4 and 3 and then 2!  The problem being twofold.  One: she began escaping her sleepsack.  A sleepsack, for those who haven't had a baby recently, is  a blanket with velcro that makes it easy to swaddle little ones.  Swaddling has been the trick to keep Miss Ruby asleep.  Each night I would find her with her little arms reaching out the top, sometimes even reaching out the collar of her PJs.  The second problem took us a little longer to figure out...early in the week it was hot and we had stopped using the space heater.  Then we never turned it back on, even though the nights got colder.  So finally last night we got it figured out and although she squeeled a couple of times she stayed down from 8:30 til 7. Hooray!  I think we may be buying a new brand of sleepsacks though.  She's out smarted the ones she has!

  Sidenote: A year ago this week, I had surgery removing a ovarian cyst and along with it one of my ovaries.  I remember the days stuck on the couch thinking about how this surgery would affect my life.  Would kids even be in my future?  It was a scary time and one that really made me think about what was important in life.  Ruby is such a blessing. I am so lucky to be her mom.

No comments: