So we thought we would update you all once before she arrives. One neat thing about this blog is that we can update it by email (meaning we should be able to update very soon after she arrives). We have been pretty busy preparing for her arrival and are finally feeling pretty good about things. The nursery has gotten a fresh coat of paint (thanks to Steve), new baby furniture (thanks to Papa and Babcha Wagner ;) ), a homemade mobile (I made the attempt on that one), new curtains, and some artwork by our friend Hilary and a local artist, friend of a friend Deb. There are some pictures below to give you an idea how it all looks.
curtains and wedding quilt from Grandma Reicks (matched the nursery perfectly)
new cribnew changing table and artwork by Hilaryartwork by Deborah ( http://www.aisle3studio.blogspot.com/ )custom mobile... they are supposed to be flowers, use your imagination :) we hope the baby will have one!mobile from baby's point of view
Now, Steve says that if I were a true blogger, I would seperate the rest of this into a seperate entry, but I say get it all done while I'm on a role! :) We are now to the point of weekly OB appointments. Steve came along with me last Thursday, as we had a sneaky suspicion that we might get to have an ultrasound, and in fact, we did. They did an ultrasound to check the position of the baby. We were excited to have one to confirm the gender (after all of the darling pink and purple gifts... we were scared of trying to return it all, but suspiciously had left all the tags on the clothes). The ultrasound confirmed that she was in fact head down (yay!), that she's still a girl (YAY!), and they are estimating that she only weighs 5lbs 14oz ( the idea of birthing a small baby instead of the traditional large Reicks head is definitely grounds for a yay!!!). They did check and I am not dialated as of yet, but if she is a mama's girl, she will figure out a way to move that process along! We've reached "full-term", so I can now wish for an early labor without feeling bad, but I try to be realistic and remember that I came into this world 3 weeks late. Anyway, sometime in the next 4 weeks, there WILL be a baby. For those that don't know, our due date is Valentine's Day... and thus, she has earned the nickname Valentina (thanks to Grandma Judy). Here are a couple of Valentina's pictures. Hopefully, the next ones we will post will be more pink and chubby!
Love to all and hopefully you'll hear from us soon!








1 comment:
Preparations look great. Let's do this thing!
Post a Comment